- Define what you need cleaned. What kind of stains do you want removed, and does the company guarantee that they can remove them? The last thing you want is for the company to come, clean the carpet, and when they leave you still see the stain on the carpet. Different companies offer different kinds of stain removal treatments, sometimes for an extra cost.
- Make sure the cleaning service is available to clean your carpet when you need them. Before you proceed too far in your discussion with the carpet cleaning company, make sure that the company you desire is able to fit you in during the timeframe that you need the carpet cleaned. If they can’t clean your carpet when you need it done, it may be time to move to the next company on your list.
- Choose a cleaning service that uses solutions or treatments that work best for you. Make sure to ask what kind of cleaning solutions are utilized. The great news is that you have your pick! If you organic cleaning materials-there are a number of great companies out there that have non-toxic cleaning solutions that guarantee to be allergen free for children and pets alike. You can also choose to have your carpet treated by hot water extraction cleaning and free of chemicals. You can also get your carpet dry washed if you need to keep your carpet dry. This is a great choice for cleaning right before you have special visitors coming in for the holidays or special occasions.
- Verify the quality of the cleaning service. Make sure the professional who will come out to your house has been professionally vetted and background-checked. There are companies like Angie’s List that will give you ratings on the company. Also, the Better Business Bureau is a good place to check out whether a company has a great history with clients, or a less than stellar one.
- Define the services and contract. Make sure that you have asked about the fees, both for the square footage, type of stain and carpet to be cleaned, and the cost for any furniture moving or special carpet treatments. This will help to ensure that the amount you are quoted won’t change after the company arrives to your home. Make sure that this is in writing before the cleaning service arrives at your home.
Once you’ve chosen the right carpet cleaning professionals for your needs, save their name and contact information. It’s always good to have them come out a couple of times a year to keep your carpets beautiful!